geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Hernan Cunico <hcun...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to keep Confluence wiki clean?
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 15:21:32 GMT
We are in the process of migrating and consolidating the wikis/documentation in one place
(cwiki.apache.org/geronimo).

The spirit behind a wiki is collaboration so ANYONE can signup and add CONTENT. For the new
cwiki,
everybody has to register before adding any content or comments. This doesn't make it bogus
content
proof but it will take a bit more effort to create a bogus account and add that type of content.

WE've seen this kind of adds to the MoinMoin wiki too.

As a plan, we could manage groups of users and, upon request, manually add new users to a
Geronimo
specific wiki group. The down side of this is the turn around time from the time the request
is
placed by the user untill the user actually gets edit access, this is a maual process.

Thoughts?

Cheers!
Hernan