geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Neal Sanche <n...@nsdev.org>
Subject Re: GBeans representing separately persistent data
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 03:23:14 GMT
Personally I like the idea presented here, Aaron. J2EE doesn't have a
nice way to schedule things, so you end up having to add something on to
do it. I've been fortunate to have applications that didn't need to
schedule much, and when I did, all I really needed was something to wake
up every once in a while and see what needs to be done.

I can certainly see the usefulness of a simple 'cron' statement. Having
spent most of the weekend trying to get a simple GBean thread to fire
messages to an MDB to do extremely simple timed pulses, I can see the
utility of having this.

Cheers.

-Neal