geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Alan D. Cabrera" <l...@toolazydogs.com>
Subject Re: GBeans representing separately persistent data
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 02:47:57 GMT
Jeff Genender wrote:
> Aaron Mulder wrote:
>
>> On 6/11/06, Alan D. Cabrera <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Following your analogy we would be making GBeans for individual EJB
>>> instances.  What am I missing?
>>>
>> I guess you're missing JSR-77, which seems to say that we should have
>> GBeans for individual EJB instances.  Servlets too.
>>

> Which part of JSR-77 says we need GBeans for Servlets?  I will be
> surprised of that spec even has the word "GBean" in it.
>
> I do believe the servlets have MBean access.  Is this what you are
> referring to?

I think that there is an important distinction here.  There's a
difference between providing JMX access and what features deployment
capabilities have.  For example, while I may have access to an
individual instance of an entity bean, I'm not sure because, thank god,
I do not know JSR-77, I am certain that one cannot *create* an instance
of an entity bean using GBean.  One can only create its container.

Regards,
Alan