geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jay D. McHugh" <...@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com>
Subject Re: Database Pool Creation error
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 23:13:49 GMT
Aaron Mulder wrote:
> It looks like maybe you named the pool "PaLM/plc", is that right?  If
> so, you shouldn't use slashes in the name of the pool.  That should
> account for the invalid ID problems.
>
> If you still have the "Configuration already exists" problem, that's
> different.  If the repository got confused, you may need to "rm -rf
> repository/console.dbpool/PaLM*" to make sure the new pool installs
> correctly.
>
> Thanks,
>    Aaron
>
> On 6/9/06, Jay D. McHugh <jay@joyfulnoisewebdesign.com> wrote:
>> Thank you for your quick response Aaron.
>>
>> I downloaded the unstable build and installed it.
>>
>> The previous error no longer comes up, and it looks like the pool will
>> be deployed.  But a different error gets logged and the adminstration
>> page does not list the new pool.
>>
>> Also, if I try to deploy the pool - then I get an error that the pool
>> already exists.
>>
>> And finally, if I try to redeploy the pool then I get an invalid ID
>> error.
>>
>> Here is the error trying to deploy from the administration page with the
>> wizard:
>>
>> 16:39:41,931 ERROR [Deployer] Deployment failed due to
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid id:
>> console.dbpool/PaLM/plc/1.0/rar
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.repository.Artifact.create(Artifact.java:49)
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.notifyWatchers(Deployer.java:376)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:325)
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer.deploy(Deployer.java:124)
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.Deployer$$FastClassByCGLIB$$734a235d.invoke(<generated>)

>>         at net.sf.cglib.reflect.FastMethod.invoke(FastMethod.java:53)
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethodInvoker.java:38)

>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperation.java:122)

>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.java:852)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:239)
>>
>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.AbstractDeployCommand.doDeploy(AbstractDeployCommand.java:106)

>>         at
>> org.apache.geronimo.deployment.plugin.local.DistributeCommand.run(DistributeCommand.java:60)

>> Deployer operation failed: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid
>> id: console.dbpool/PaLM/plc/1.0/rar
>> org.apache.geronimo.common.DeploymentException:
>> java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Invalid id:
>> console.dbpool/PaLM/plc/1.0/rar
>>         at
> [...]

This was all an attempt to begin migrating a functioning system on
WAS-CE over to Geronimo.  Is it officially against the rules to use a
slash in the pool name now?  If so, one of the default pools that is
currently deployed on WAS-CE is going to run into trouble (jdbc/juddiDB).

But, I don't really need the slash myself, so I'll try that - thanks.

Jay