geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Donald Woods <drw_...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Plugin versioning problems
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 22:26:29 GMT
How about the following slight modification, so it would also work for
-SNAPSHOT or private -REVISION builds?

if (version.equals(gerVersion) ||
     (gerVersion.endsWith("*") &&
      version.startsWith(gerVersion.substring(0, gerVersion.length()-1))) {

The other choice, would be to treat "." and "-" differently, as in

if ( version.equals(gerVersion) ||
      ((gerVersion.endsWith(".*") &&
version.startsWith(gerVersion.substring(0, gerVersion.length()-2)) ||
      ((gerVersion.endsWith("-*") &&
version.startsWith(gerVersion.substring(0, gerVersion.length()-2)) ) {

which has the requirement that plugins being developed and tested
against -SNAPSHOT builds be rereleased for the final .rcN or 1.N build....

-Donald