geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Matt Hogstrom <>
Subject 1.1 Release plan
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 03:23:01 GMT
Final Items for 1.1

I would like to release Geronimo 1.1 on June 12th.  Yes, that is three days away.  If we can't
that date then it will be 72 hours away from each candidate build.  Problem that are found
need to 
be addressed if they are deemed critical.  Otherwise they will be tracked and solved in a
follow on 

That said.  I sent a note earlier today announcing the freeze to branches/1.1.  Changes to
branch should be limited to bug fixes only.  The little changes are the ones that generally
you.  At 1400 ET the Inn is closed and I will spin up a release that will be our release candidate.

The issues that have been raised from the previous build were Guillaume's observation of the
when running  Geronimo under CygWin as well as the license and Notice issues.

Since Geronimo is a multifaceted project there are several things that need to be voted on.
are Geronimo itself, the specification jars and DayTrader.  Geronimo itself is the significant

component that will carry the other items so I believe a vote for Geronimo in this context
is a vote 
for all three items.

*There is a concern about the specification jars*
David Jencks raised this issue in another note on the list.  The jars have not been released
they have had a tag cut and the resulting compilation has been placed on

One of the issues I found with the spec is that there are different spec releases in the 1_1
tag.  I 
would prefer that all jars have the same version suffix.  Right now it includes 1.0, 1.0.1,
1.1 and 
others.  I think this is confusing.  We release Geronimo with all the same module versions
even if 
nothing has changed.  I would like to move that we recut a 1_2 tag with all spec jars having
a 1.2 

Day Trader is currently a 1.1-SNAPSHOT as well.  We will release the DayTrader Ear (separate
Geronimo) as a 1.1 version as well.  This way the build will be in sync.

1. It was noted earlier today that there is a problem with Geronimo under CygWin.  Guillaume
that an issue exists where a file is not renamed (config.xml).  Given that CygWin is a hybrid

environment I think we should investigate this problem but not hold up the release.

2. Guillaume also pointed out the lack of a License and Notices file.  I will include the
two files 
from the SVN geronimo/branches/1.1 in the build tomorrow.

3. Numerous bug fixes are being addressed.  Excellent.

Apart from Spec issue above I think we have most everything addressed.  Does this list of

outstanding items and release plan make sense?


View raw message