geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Frozen Branch 24-hour notice
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 02:58:39 GMT
John,

After rereading my attempt to clarify fell short :)

Bug fixes from JIRAs between now and then can be applied.

Yes, no new features or cosmetic fixes.  I thought it was clear we were trying to get a release
out
but I guess we need to define it more clearly.  My bad.

After the 24 hours the only changes to trunk should be to fix known problems resulting from
the
build.  If things are horribly broken then they need to be fixed but bug fixes that have been
open
for more than 1 year I don't think qualify as critical.

When further problems are identified then we will apply the fixes, release a new candidate
and rev
on this process until we as a group are satisfied with the result.

A vote of +1s over a 72-hour period with not -1s would constitute a release.  At that point
the
final process of changing the version to 1.1, rebuilding, capturing the maven repo, cutting
the
source, signing the jars, and moving the results to apache would begin.

Does that clarify my rather terse note?