geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Bohn <joe.b...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: [Build error] - I can not build a freash copy of r411545
Date Fri, 09 Jun 2006 02:50:30 GMT
FWIW, I updated my 1.1 image earlier today (rev. 412818 along with
openejb) and did a successful online build on windows xp using "maven
m:clean new".  It built on the first attempt with no problems (not even
a download error which is really unusual in my experience).   My root
path is relatively short ("c:\geronimo1.1") so I didn't hit the
path-length errors.   Of course all of this was after the specs,
openejb, etc... had been updated.   It might be worth-while to start
over at this point, checkout geronimo 1.1 and openejb, and give it
another try.

Joe

Matt Hogstrom wrote:
> Unfortunately we've burned up a lot of real estate in Geronimo.  Windows
> users are adversely affected by this.  The only way to address this
> problem in the short term  Mohammed is to shorten your path.
>
> I'll checkout a fresh copy of 1.1 as I've seen other traffic on the list
> indicating a build problem.
>
> Mohammed Nour wrote:
>
>> Hi All...
>>
>> I succeeded to pass the point of build error by bypassing building both *
>> daytrader* and *servlet-examples* projects. But I got another error in
>> the
>> assembly phase because of path is too long, which is a Windows
>> problem. Is
>> there any work-around to overcome this problem other than making another
>> copy of *G* source to be more shalow on the dir heirarchy of Windows
>> directories ???
>>
>> -----------------------------------
>> "Never give up, Never..."
>> -----------------------------------
>> *Thanks and best regards
>> Mohammad Nour El-Din*
>>

>> On 6/8/06, Mohammed Nour <nour.mohammad@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>>  Hi Matt...
>>>
>>> I did what you told me to do, I ceched out the specs, built them
>>> using *maven
>>> install* command, tryied to build G again but failed with the same error
>>> of ClassNotFoundException.
>>>
>>> I am trying to trace this error, but anybody knows about the solution of
>>> this problem please help?
>>>
>>> I would like to mention that I am using:
>>>
>>> WindowsXP, Java 1.4.2_11, Maven 1.1b2
>>>
>>>  -----------------------------------
>>> "Never give up, Never..."
>>> -----------------------------------