geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dave Colasurdo <davec...@earthlink.net>
Subject Re: RELEASE-NOTES-1.1
Date Thu, 08 Jun 2006 18:53:28 GMT
Hernan Cunico wrote:
> Hi All,
> I updated the release notes and it is ready for your review and
> comments, here is the link
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxDOC11/release-notes-11txt.html
>
> Cheers!
> Hernan

Thanks Hernan!  A few comments:

1) In section "Installing and Starting Geronimo"

Suspect the geronimo.sh reference should be ./geronimo.sh

2) In section "Significant Changes"

-Shared Library Support
-Statement Cache for JDBC drivers
-Dynamic Plugin support
-In-place deployment of exploded applications
-Dependent Package Upgrades (Tomcat, Jetty, etc.)

3)Also, probably want a new section on "Migrating applications from
previous releases" that references the existence of the Upgrade tool
that David J has created (and Lin is documenting) and any other major
differences that existing users will need to know.  It should link to
any other migration documentation that we have.

Thanks
-Dave-