geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Re: Maven Repo Woes - Temporary resolution in place
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 03:36:32 GMT
Well, to address Joshua's comments the first issue is we know that there is a problem and where
it
is.  We're talking to the Maven team to ensure that we engineer a solution that fixes the
problem
and allows us all to work and still sleep at night.

In general the problem is really people that are getting involved with Geronimo for the first
time
as they start out with an empty repo.  The developers and others on the project generally
have an up
to date repo and work offline to get a build to go faster.

I agree that this is not the long term solution any of us wants so I think we're on a path
addressing the problem and effecting a good solution.  Hopefully talking to the Infrastructure
team
and working through the problems is the right way to address this.  Is there another I'm not
aware of?

Matt