geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Matt Hogstrom <m...@hogstrom.org>
Subject Maven Repo Woes - Temporary resolution in place
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 21:14:10 GMT
All,

I spent a couple of hours working with the Infra structure team on the build problems we've
been
experiencing.  They were really helpful in isolating the problem and effecting a solution.
 Joes2
(IRC handle on #asfinfra) was the main contact point.

The problem is that people.apache.org has a limit of 10 concurrent connections on it.  The

expectation was that Maven would only be using a single connection but that appears to not
be the
case.  The Infrastructure team has temporarily lifted the restriction while the Maven team
looks
into the issue.

For our part I tested a full build with a clean repo and it only failed once (and that was
an
ibiblio problem).  At this point I think we should have smoother sailing.

Next time you see an Infra guy/gal buy them a beer or two.  They're awesome to work with.
 From the
time we started talking to the time it was resolved was a little under two hours.

Cheers,

Matt