geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [RTC] initial m2 groupIds
Date Tue, 06 Jun 2006 02:11:51 GMT
David Jencks wrote:
> After discussion I think we can all live with:
>
> modules >> o.a.g
> assemblies >> o.a.g
> configs >> o.a.g.module
> plugins >> o.a.g.plugin
> applications >> o.a.g
>
> note that it's "plugin" not "plugins" to match the package name.
> Similarly it's "module" not "modules" to match the number of the
> plugin groupId.
>
> I don't want to make applications >> o.a.g.applications at this time
> because:
> -  some of the apps are samples
> - this doesn't match the package names.
>
> I don't think a patch will serve any useful purpose but will supply
> one on request.
>
> Here's my +1
>
> Please vote
>
> thanks
> david jencks

I would like to see a patch that can be applied and tested on Windows.
I want to be sure that Windows builds aren't broken again due to file
path lengths exceeding Window's limits.

Geronimo should be able to build under the a path that is 22 characters
long (to allow for directories such as C:\dev\geronimo\br\1.1 and
C:\dev\geronimo\trunk).  Due to the configId changes leading up to the
1.1 release I have already had to shorten the path I build under to 22
characters long and IMO current and future developers on Windows should
be forced to use an even shorter path.

John