geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Guillaume Nodet <guillaume.no...@worldonline.fr>
Subject Re: Retrotranslator KICKS ASS!!!
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 08:12:33 GMT
The only problem is when one wants to introspect generic arguments.
This is the main problem that happened with jaxb2.
For example in the following construct,
   List<MyBean>
the MyBean type is not available at runtime.
When using JAXB2 RI, you have to generate your beans with additional
informations in annotations so that this information can be retrieved.

Of course, this also applies to JAXWS (which uses JAXB2 marshalling)

James Strachan wrote:

> On 6/2/06, Jason Dillon <jason.dillon@planet57.com> wrote:
>
>> Do you happen to know of any examples where Retrotranslation fails?
>

> There were some incremental errors getting JAXB2 to work which both
> the JAXB2 RI team and Taras (the founder of retrotranslator) helped
> fix.
>
> Certainly most things like generics, enums, annotations, reflection
> and java-util-concurrent all work fine now. There could be a gap here
> or there - such as AFAIK there is no backport of the new UUID class.

AFAIK, the UUID has been backported and is available in 1.0.4 release
of retrotranslator (at least).

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet