geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote: RTC] needed for eclipse plugin
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 01:31:11 GMT
Jacek Laskowski wrote:
> On 6/3/06, John Sisson <jrsisson@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Agree that we need to discuss getting the process relaxed officially
>> with Ken's approval.
>
> That struck me - why would we await Ken's approval if there were 3x+1
> votes from PMC members? Wouldn't it be enough? Just curious...

The three votes did not comply with the "patched and tested" requirement
of the RTC rules.

Those RTC rules were established by Ken, the PMC Chair.  The PMC Chair
has the power to establish new rules and procedures ( see
http://www.apache.org/foundation/how-it-works.html#pmc ) and I don't
believe the PMC should/can change the rules that were established by the
PMC Chair without the PMC Chair's agreement.

Also, Greg Stein (ASF Chairman) also mentioned that we should discuss
making changes official with Ken..
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=geronimo-dev&m=114850042818334&w=2

Regards,

John