geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From John Sisson <jrsis...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote: RTC] needed for eclipse plugin
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 03:42:31 GMT
Kevan Miller wrote:
> It seems that there are now +1's from 3 committers for this change.
> Although I also support the change (once copyrights are corected), I
> cannot offer a +1. Apologies for being a pedant, but to my knowledge
> the current RTC "rules" we are living under are:
>
>   'I have applied this patch and tested it and found it good'
>
> I'm pretty sure that there's only one person who has done this and his
> name is Sachin. Although it's likely that I could apply the patch and
> build devtools, I wouldn't know how to integrate and test the change.
>
> I think many of us feel that the requirement to apply and test a patch
> is too restrictive and cumbersome -- especially in smaller subprojects
> such as devtools and daytrader. Rather than ignoring this directive,
> let's get the process changed or at least start a discussion... I'll
> start a thread.

I will retract my +1, I mistakenly thought that the testing requirement
was relaxed, but after reviewing the mailing lists I didn't see a
response to Greg's comments on this topic:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=geronimo-dev&m=114850042818334&w=2

Agree that we need to discuss getting the process relaxed officially
with Ken's approval.

John