geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Noll <bwn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on using JIRA more effectively
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 18:34:35 GMT
So... an observation from a non-committer.  If there's a JIRA that a
non-committer would like to fix, can that non-committer be assigned the
JIRA?  I ask because the prospect of diving into something, spending
several hours on it, and submitting a patch only to find out that in the
meantime, another non-committer had been working on it and got their
patch in does not sound very appealing to me.

I guess the downside to assigning JIRA's to non-committers is that who
knows whether the person asking to have the JIRA assigned to him/her is
someone who will actually resolve it, or someone who thinks that they
would like to and then it doesn't happen.

Thoughts?