geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Kevan Miller <kevan.mil...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem comiting on trunk...
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 13:11:35 GMT

On Jun 5, 2006, at 3:08 AM, Jason Dillon wrote:

>> Well, it's personal matter which change is trival and which is not,
>> isn't it? So, your last resort would be to *not* introduce trivial
>> changes ;)
>
> I guess...
>
> I think we need to change minotaur refs to people... as infra has
> stated that the CNAME for the service should be used instead of the
> hostname, which I am in complete agreement with.
>
> So, do we need to vote on this?  Or should we just change it?

Hi Jason,
I think this is a bug -- we should not be using hostnames. There will
be problems when/if minotaur is changed or resources are rehosted.
You are <fixing> current function, not adding new capabilities. I
think that's a useful metric... There are fixes, however, which I
think should probably be reviewed. That's why I think some guidelines
are needed to help us make this decisions without spending more time
discussing whether a review is needed, than an actual review would
have taken... ;-)

--kevan