geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Request change to RTC Process
Date Sat, 03 Jun 2006 15:25:52 GMT

On Jun 3, 2006, at 8:14 AM, Kevan Miller wrote:

> However, it's unlikely that current Geronimo committers want to be
> intimately familiar with some of these Geronimo components -- we've
> all had our chance to get involved, so far, but have chosen not to.

Its very unfortunate that everyone is thinking this way.  After some
pondering this morning, this statement really bothers me.  These
smaller components are extremely important to the success of and
future growth of the community.  When people see Geronimo, they don't
see the runtime, but the things that reflect its image are things
like the product documentation, the website, tooling and the
console.  Thus people's focus on only these runtime components will
have a negative bearing on the project.  The attitude needs to be for
each of us, that we make more of an effort in the future to get
involved in these areas.  If that means that we have to put less
function in primary components in order to spend time to grow these
areas, then so be it.

-sachin