geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tracking progress of merging dead-1.2 branch into trunk
Date Mon, 05 Jun 2006 01:45:08 GMT
I started thinking about how we can be sure we get everything we want
out of the dead-1.2 branch, and committed a file that I hope will
help.  Starting with

svn log -r358492:HEAD >all_changes.log

I arranged each commit on a single line starting with "Not Merged"

You can see what you (or someone else :-) did in dead-1.2 with e.g.

grep djencks all_changes.log

I think there are 329 changes (I did about 43).

I propose that as we merge, verify the changes have already been
merged, or decide they are obsolete we change the start of the line
to "Merged"

Comments?

thanks
david jencks