geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Unable to build using m2
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 02:32:20 GMT
I don't see what the problem is.

Is this just about putting the version in the parent element?  I
don't really like that it has to be there, but I am okay with it and
using the release plugin to manage that value, which is the main
benefit of the release plugin IMO.

Or am I missing something?

I've recently converted a number of large m1 projects to using m2 and
have run into very little issues.  Most are related to use of custom
jelly, requiring new mojos which is not a big issue.  Others being
due to projects dependent on those mojos, and keeping them under a
separate lifecycle, and expecting that users will download them not
build them.

So the top-level pom.xml just says <version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
and then all children have <parent>...<version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</
version></parent>.

This works very well to *build* and is only a slight pain when
releasing, but as I mentioned the release plugin handles this.

I would obviously rather that it inspect the relativePath first... up
until it finds a version and if the parent is not available then pull
from the repo... but that isn't gonna happen any time soonish for us
to benefit from.

IMO, we need to adapt to how m2 works now and then grow with it as we
get features/bugs fixed and implemented.

--jason