geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: [RTC] ?? Review requested on intermediate patches for pluggable JACC
Date Fri, 16 Jun 2006 22:23:58 GMT

> --- Dain Sundstrom <dain@iq80.com> wrote:
>
>> I have two thoughts:
>>
>> 1) we have an automated tool to track patches and it
>> can track votes
>> and send out these reports.
>>
> I'm not convinced automating this will work all that
> well.  I do think that all +1 and suggestions should
> be made as comments on the jira issue.  I think it can
> be up to the proposer to kick people on the dev list
> if it's getting ignored.
>
> If someone can really figure out how to do +1's in
> jira automatically, fine.... i'm not a jira expert and
> don't know how much this would conflict with the
> current meaning of voting.

I don't know much about the voting, but I definitely think we should
have some sort of review-required status.  I think someone should
have to have commit privileges to put something in that status, and
by putting something in that status you are saying you want to commit
it.  Since this category would only contain the red-hot ready-to-
commit patches, I say we send a daily (yes daily) email listing to
kick the project accept or reject the commit.

-dain