geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unable to build using m2
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:08:47 GMT
Alan,
    When Jacek was coordinating the m2 build, the snapshots were
continuously published. Any missing geronimo jar or pom was available
from the repo. The same must be done for the plugin. I am not sure how
this was done. I think he had the karma to push the jars to the repo.
For now it will be enough to publish the plugin(s) and change the
version to SNAPSHOT  as suggested by Jason. Is an RTC required?

Thanks
Anita

--- "Alan D. Cabrera" <list@toolazydogs.com> wrote:

> It's clear to me that we need to break out our plugins build and get
> the
> plugins published ASAP.  I asked this in another thread, what will it
>
> take to get this published?  I don't think that it's too much
> trouble,
> just an RTC to break the plugin out and then we just start publishing
>
> the snapshots.  We can shoot for a plugin release around the time of
> v1.2.0>
>

> Regards,
> Alan
>
> Jason Dillon wrote:
> > IMO we should have a completely separate tree for our build support
>
> > tools.  And once the plugins are stable we release them, until they
>
> > are stable we make regular snaps, so that the main tree(s) can just
>
> > build w/o having to worry about building plugins first.
> >
> > --jason
> >

> > On Jun 26, 2006, at 1:05 PM, Prasad Kashyap wrote:
> >
> >> Alan,
> >>
> >> You'd have to build the geronimo-packaging-plugin manually first.
> It's
> >> under geronimo/m2-plugins
> >>
> >> cd geronimo/m2-plugins
> >> mvn clean
> >> mvn -N
> >> mvn
> >>
> >> Cheers
> >> Prasad

> -DgroupId=org.apache.geronimo.plugins
> -Dfile=/path/to/file

org.apache.geronimo.plugins:geronimo-packaging-plugin:maven-plugin:1.2.0