geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From anita kulshreshtha <a_kuls...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: m2 migration status
Date Mon, 12 Jun 2006 03:26:59 GMT
inline..

--- David Jencks <david_jencks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I'm finding it a bit hard to keep track of the m2 migration status,
> so I thought I'd try to put it all on one page.
>
> RTC VOTES IN PROCESS:
> deployment plugin: 2 votes out of 3 or 4 needed (me + gnodet), vote
> pending since June 6
> remote-deploy-lib combine with remote-deploy: 2 votes out of 3 needed
>
> (me + aaron), vote pending since  June 9
> settle on configIds for m2 build: 1 vote out of 3 needed: (dain), I
> owe jsisson a patch. vote pending since June 5
> (I've been delaying a patch for the configId changes partly because
> AFAICT the stuff that is affected by path length is not yet part of
> the build. In any case the proposal only shortens paths: whether the
>
> result can be built on windows is another question)
>

> Jira issues:
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2071 : "main" jira
> entry: all applied except the deployment plugin, see vote above.
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1737 : assembly plugin:
>
> no patch.  I understand our assembly plugin working requires some bug
>
> fixes in maven.
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1740: packaging plugin:
>
> IIUC the patches in this issue are superseded by newer ones in 2071,
>
> all of which have been applied.  Anita, can you confirm this?  If so,
>
> lets close this issue.

    Minor modifications will be made in packaging plugin to accommodate
geronimo-plugin.xml and daytrader. I will close this one and attach any
new patches to GERONIMO-2067.

> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2066: openejb
> migration.  IIUC the patch in this issue is superseded by newer ones
>
> in 2071 which have been applied.  Anita, can you confirm this? If so,
>
> lets close this issue.

   The tests need to be fixed. Either we can keep this issue open or
open a new one with a new title.

> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2067: configs
> migration. All patches applied.  not all configs are built with m2
> yet.

   Thnaks, for quick turnaround time for patches. This is still work in
progress..

> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2082: stax dependencies
>
> are all wrong in xmlbeans pom and xmlbeans plugin.  This is waiting
> for the maven 2 team to resume uploads.
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2092: modules
> migration: no patch.
>
> COVERAGE:
>
> Tranql needs an m2 build.  The lack of a pom is causing lots of
> warning messages.  Transitive dependencies would be a help.
>
> Geronimo modules (are we going to call them jars now?):
> All modules have a pom.xml except console-war which I believe to be
> an early abandoned project.  I suggest we delete it.
> There are 2 modules that are not built although they have a pom:
> service-builder and installer-support.  Installer support is not
> needed at least until someone starts working on the installer again.
>
> I don't understand how the build succeeds without service-builder.
> I'm adding service builder back in.

    Thanks. A test in service-builder started failing recently (this
week). It was disabled in my copy, and made it to the patch accidently.

> There are test failures in several modules, and results differ for
> different people.  For instance the tomcat tests fail for me but not
>
> anita or prasad.

   This is on my TODO list.

> Openejb: core, openejb-builder and pkgen-builder all build but the
> tests are turned off.
>
> Applications:  all applications are built with m2
>
> configs: missing pom.xml are daytrader[jetty,tomcat], remote-deploy
> [jetty,tomcat] and uddi [jetty,tomcat]
> In addition, activemq, activemq-broker, console[jetty,tomcat] are not
>
> built
>
> assemblies: no assembly plugin, none built.
>
> I think we're getting moderately close to having a working m2 build.

yes...

Thanks
Anita