geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: M2 Issues and Actions - svn:externals workaround
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 22:59:32 GMT

> I don't understand your reasoning.  maven m:co checks out using https
> and IIUC works for both committers and non-committers, and as a
> committer I can use that checkout as my working openejb copy.  What
> is the advantage of preventing me from doing that?  What harm would
> using https do to non-committers?

None, but I thought that svn:externals would mark the checked-out
sources of OpenEJB as not-committable, i.e. no local modification
could be committed. As Bill has explained, it's not true when you're
in the openejb directory that wouldn't be any different than they're
now. The only difference is that you wouldn't be able to commit your
changes from the parent directory of the openejb dir (which is
possible now). All in all, I was mistaken in my reasoning and am very
grateful for your patience :-)

On the other hand, Jason and Dave are working on publishing the
updated jars to codehaus.org and it seems that it will likely turn out
we won't have to introduce the change.

> david jencks

Jacek

--