geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Deploying a duplication application
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 22:33:08 GMT

> My thinking is that we
> should do 1 of 2 things:   1)  warn the user that they are attempting to
> deploy another version and require some type of confirmation before
> proceeding.   2)  deploy so long as it is a newer version and ensure
> that the newest version is the one that we start/run.

I remember that we agreed (or almost agreed) to fail when another
version of the same webapp is deployed. deploy means deploy nor
redeploy. I'd like to hear others' opinion on the matter as I'm not
that convinced about my thinking. We should perhaps provide an option
to tell the deployer to redeploy while executing deploy.

> Joe Bohn

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski