geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: [RTC] m2-plugins deployment plugin
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 12:43:15 GMT
> I've uploaded
>
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12335128/geronimo-
> deployment-plugin-RTC-VOTE.2.patch
>
> incorporating most of your comments, see below.

Will take a look at it real soon. More below.

> david jencks
> You want me to lie :-) ? I don't think anyone has ever used the in-vm
> startServer command in the m1 plugin, so I doubt prasad has tested
> this one either.  I still think its worth including as a starting
> point in case some one wants to try it out.

Ah, it's a comment to let others know it's untested. Wouldn't it be
better adding TODO or FIXME so there's no doubt about it?

> These are basically copies + modifications of the m1 deployment
> plugin, copyright 2004.  I don't know if any changes happened in
> 2005, but 2004 and 2006 are definitely needed.

Well, I'm not a lawer so can't elaborate more on it. I can live with it ;-)

> They should all have the @version, but only mojos should have the
> @goal in order to not confuse maven.  I've fixed the @version tags as
> well as I can find them.

Correct. That was my understanding.

> > 5/ geronimo-deployment-plugin/pom.xml has no ASF license header.
> fixed.  I think its better to include  the asf license in the source
> even if maven removes it during processing.

Correct. No matter how tools will work with the sources they need to
be copyrighted appropriately.

> > It doesn't count, though ;-)
>
> Why not?  Because I edited prasad's patch for formatting and removed
> unused cruft?  Ken's directive requires 3 +1 votes from committers
> other than the proposer (who apparently does not need to be a
> committer): although the document he appears to have adapted states
> only PMC member votes count, that is not in his directive.  Since he
> hasn't responded to requests for clarification I think we have to
> take him at his word.

The proposer (!= the author) == DJ nor Prasad => DJ may not vote for
it. Is that correct?

> david jencks

Jacek

--