geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: [RTC] m2-plugins deployment plugin
Date Wed, 07 Jun 2006 06:57:50 GMT
> Prasad has been working for a long time on an m2 deployment plugin.
> I've cleaned up his latest patch a little bit and think its ready to
> commit.
>
> Please review http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/
> 12335116/geronimo-deployment-plugin-RTC-VOTE.patch

I have taken a look at the patch and the comments are as follows
(they're rather style-centric nor technical, but still valid I hope).
No testing was performed.

1/ I was scared to read: "May not have been tested." in one of the classes

2/ Copyright 2004-2006 - shouldn't it be Copyright 2006 only?

3/ The javadoc of classes should be consistent. It means that it should read:

   /**
    * @goal undeploy (if appropriate)
    *
    * @version $Rev$ $Date$
    */

whereas some contain

   @version $Revision$ $Date$

or no version at all.

4/ Geronimo :: Maven Deployment Plugin using m2 -> Geronimo :: Maven 2
Deployment Plugin or alternatively Geronimo :: Maven Deployment Plugin
for Maven 2, but I'd prefer the former.

5/ geronimo-deployment-plugin/pom.xml has no ASF license header.

So, unless it's corrected I'm -1. If you're swampped with your other
work, I can take care of it and propose the patch corrected again.

> Here's my +1.

It doesn't count, though ;-)

> david jencks

Jacek