geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <>
Subject Re: Request change to RTC Process
Date Sun, 04 Jun 2006 09:30:09 GMT
On 6/4/06, David Jencks <> wrote:

> In addition I think we should go against the PMC-only rule from the voting
> document and allow +1 and -1 from non-pmc committers to count.

Let's take this as an example. As we haven't discussed it yet, it
seems to me that such a change requires 3x+1 from PMC members. So,
only when this vote (it should possibly be a separate vote with
72-hour vote period to bring more attention) passes committers who are
not PMC members have their +1 binding. Am I correct? If so, one
binding vote is in and awaits other +1 binding votes to be in effect
before +1 from non-PMC members are binding.

> david jencks

Jacek Laskowski

View raw message