geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jacek Laskowski" <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>
Subject Re: Thoughts on using JIRA more effectively
Date Fri, 02 Jun 2006 18:25:32 GMT

> I'm not sure how to handle assignment of JIRAs as they generally fall into someone's
area of
> expertise but I think the fact their assigned to someone might scare someone away from
looking at it
>    .  Thoughts?

What I wish to happen is to report new issues unassigned and then
whoever wants to work on it assigns it to hirself. I think it always
worked pretty well with some exceptions, and there were some talks
about re-assigning when someone stepped on and meant to work on an
issue that had already been assigned. I understand that it's much
harder to newcomers to re-assign than just assign an issue, so I like
your idea to *not* assign an issue upfront. Just leave it until
someone finds to be able to tackle it.

> Matt

Jacek

--