geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Unable to build using m2
Date Tue, 27 Jun 2006 16:15:07 GMT

On Jun 26, 2006, at 9:17 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> It's clear to me that we need to break out our plugins build and
> get the plugins published ASAP.  I asked this in another thread,
> what will it take to get this published?  I don't think that it's
> too much trouble, just an RTC to break the plugin out and then we
> just start publishing the snapshots.  We can shoot for a plugin
> release around the time of G v1.2.0>

This is totally not clear to me.  All our plugins are going to depend
heavily on geronimo code, why would we try to publish them separately
or before the artifacts they depend on are published?  Since we
ditched the dependency plugin for the m2 build all the plugins can be
built after all the modules.  I really fail to see any problem in
this and dont see how publishing the plugins now could cause anything
but total build breakage.

thanks
david jencks