geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: Updated 1.1 Release Binaries
Date Mon, 19 Jun 2006 04:25:49 GMT

On Jun 18, 2006, at 8:03 PM, Aaron Mulder wrote:

> I assume we should all try out these new binaries and then hold a new
> vote?

We did for 1.0.  I suppose it was the right thing to do, but boy what
a PITA and it got to be a bit of a joke.  I'd almost prefer to have
it more lazy as "your +1 still stands unless you explicitly revise it."

> I hope we can get TCK result on the new binaries soon too --
> I'm not sure we should be counting votes until the TCK results are in.

We've typically voted in parallel with the final tck run with
disclaimer text like:

"[ ]  Release 1.1 (assuming tck passes)"

> Another question -- once we vote in the final release, what's the
> procedure for getting the Geronimo files into the Maven 1 and Maven 2
> repositories (e.g. on ibiblio)?  I assume we want to make sure the
> exact files use to construct the official release are pushed to the
> repository?  It doesn't seem so straightforward since the CAR files at
> least are not included in the distribution (I guess we'd want to get
> them from the local Maven repo of the machine that did the build).

It's usually a bit of poking and prodding to get done; a little bit
of scp, rsync, bash, maven fun.  We have to sign them before they go
up, etc.  For 1.0 we built with a completely clean repo, then tar'ed
up the entire repo immediately afterwards.  I assume Matt is
following the same practice on the builds he puts up.

-David.