geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Blevins <david.blev...@visi.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release branching process (was Re: Life After 1.1 - starting the new branch for 1.1.1 - some logistics and your input requested.)
Date Mon, 26 Jun 2006 18:24:36 GMT
On Jun 25, 2006, at 8:49 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> Greg Wilkins wrote:
>> I think the wiki should clarify the patch process for release
>> branches.
>>

> Agreed.  I have added slight caveats for
>
> New Features:
>
> develop in trunk
> patch to current x.y branch (if to be captured in next x.y.z release)
>

> Fixes
>
> develop in x.y branch (if to be captured in next x.y.z release else
> develop in trunk)
> patch to trunk
> patch to current x.y.z (if it is a TCK bug).

This is good discussion.  In the interests of seeing it continue
while keeping clear what we've voted on and what is still open for
discussion, i've split this out into a new wiki page titled with the
soft word "guidelines."

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/development-and-patch-guidelines.html

Further, i've added a "Notice" section at the bottom of this page
that states,  "The process in this document was voted on by the
Geronimo community. Please formally propose all changes to
dev@geronimo.apache.org"

http://cwiki.apache.org/GMOxPMGT/release-branching-process.html

-David