geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Chan <bc...@liferay.com>
Subject Liferay Plugin for G
Date Thu, 22 Jun 2006 04:48:59 GMT
Hi everyone,

It's great to see the traction going on in the Geronimo world. Just signed up for the dev
list so I'm happy to participate.

In our next release of Liferay 4.1.0, we'll:

1.) Upgrade to the latest Geronimo 1.1 (even if it's just a pre zip until 1.1 gets voted final).

2.) Use Derby instead of HSQL. (Thanks to Paul!)

Liferay, by default (because our users are now used to it), deploys itself to /

That isn't mandatory though. So for our plugin, we just have to make it map to something like
/portal  or /liferay instead. It requires one xml change and one property change.

I'm also working with Jeff Genender to also get the EJB version out soon too.

Thanks all.

--
Brian Chan
Chief Executive Officer