geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: M2 Issues and Actions - svn:externals workaround
Date Thu, 29 Jun 2006 22:39:29 GMT

On Jun 29, 2006, at 3:20 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

>> > Note http rather than https.
>>
>> I hope someone who actually knows will speak up, but I thought https
>> worked fine for non-committers whereas http did not work for
>> committers.  If true I would suggest https rather than http.
>
> AFAIUI, you won't be able to work with the openejb checkout as if it
> was a regular checkout. It's only for non-committers' convenience to
> let them build Geronimo using M2. OpenEJB committers will have to
> remove their own copy of OpenEJB from within Geronimo and work with it
> outside Geronimo local source directory. Thus, I chose http which is
> faster.

I don't understand your reasoning.  maven m:co checks out using https
and IIUC works for both committers and non-committers, and as a
committer I can use that checkout as my working openejb copy.  What
is the advantage of preventing me from doing that?  What harm would
using https do to non-committers?

thanks
david jencks