geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <james.strac...@gmail.com>
Subject Creating a separate mailing list for XBean?
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 08:54:38 GMT
XBean is a generic POJO based container/server/kernel which has
nothing directly to do with J2EE per se - though it should be a vital
component in the implementation of future Geronimo 2.x releases IMHO.
Consequently XBean has many use cases for folks not using J2EE such as
for Spring & JBI folks or folks using Tomcat and ActiveMQ together.
Also maybe other non-J2EE projects like Tuscany might find it useful
too.

Currently XBean has its own source trunk and release cycle separate
from Geronimo...
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/xbean/

and its got its own website
http://geronimo.apache.org/xbean/

So I was wondering; maybe we should create mailing lists for XBean and
then it becomes effectively a new subproject with its own identity.

Given the slow release cycles of Geronimo, XBean could end up being
the cool & trendy young sister project, releasing often which could
innovate and help gain traction faster which, given that stuff that
works in XBean will ultimately work great in Geronimo too is a win-win
alround.

Thoughts?

--

James