geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "James Strachan" <>
Subject Creating a separate mailing list for XBean?
Date Thu, 25 May 2006 08:54:38 GMT
XBean is a generic POJO based container/server/kernel which has
nothing directly to do with J2EE per se - though it should be a vital
component in the implementation of future Geronimo 2.x releases IMHO.
Consequently XBean has many use cases for folks not using J2EE such as
for Spring & JBI folks or folks using Tomcat and ActiveMQ together.
Also maybe other non-J2EE projects like Tuscany might find it useful

Currently XBean has its own source trunk and release cycle separate
from Geronimo...

and its got its own website

So I was wondering; maybe we should create mailing lists for XBean and
then it becomes effectively a new subproject with its own identity.

Given the slow release cycles of Geronimo, XBean could end up being
the cool & trendy young sister project, releasing often which could
innovate and help gain traction faster which, given that stuff that
works in XBean will ultimately work great in Geronimo too is a win-win

View raw message