geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Rakesh Ranjan" <rakesh.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hot deployment directory
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 15:29:52 GMT
Aaron, Thanks for clarification.
We will work without conflicting. I am going to touch the startup problem. I
mean if a module kept in hot deployment directory is already deployed, the
server should not deploy the module again during the startup. Currently the
server try to deploy the module again and throws exception. i already
created a JIRA ID (GERONIMO-1982) for this.

Rakesh Ranjan

On 5/4/06, Aaron Mulder <ammulder@alumni.princeton.edu> wrote:

> For purposes of the hot deployer functionality, forget that the SFHD
> even exists.  It is a special case feature, and does not at all
> replace what the hot deploy directory does.
>
> However, for purposes of updatng the hot deployer implementation, you
> may want to refer to the SFHD implementation.
>
> I'll probably be touching the hot deployer to add a feature so that if
> an app is undeployed some other way the hot deployer will delete it
> from its directory.  Hopefully we can both work on this without
> conflicting, since we'll be looking at different aspects of it.
>
> Thanks,
>     Aaron
>
> On 5/4/06, Rakesh Ranjan <rakesh.geronimo@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Joe.
> >
> >  Still i have some confusions.
> >
> >  Is SFHD the substitute for the DirectoryHotDeployer ? If it is
> substitute,
> > then do we need to disable the hotdeployment GBean for the working of
> SFHD?
> >  What is the meaning of "It monitors just one directory for one
> deployable
> > element" ?
> >
> >  Rakesh Ranjan
> >

> > On 5/4/06, Joe Bohn < joe.bohn@earthlink.net > wrote:
> > >
> > > SFHD is similar to hot deployer but has these differences:
> > >
> > > - It is not an integrated part of the server itself.   It is a gbean
> > > itself that must be deployed into the server to use it.
> > > - It only takes action when the SFHD gbean is started (which is
> > > typically during server startup).   Hot Deploy monitors files for
> > > changes at any time.
> > > - It monitors just one directory for one deployable element
> > > - It controls the life-cycle of the element it deploys.   I'm not sure
> > > if hot deploy does this as well.  For example, a war deployed via this
>
> > > mechanism is not added to the server config.xml for auto-start.
> > >
> > > You might want to consider my patches to SFHD as well included in
> > > geronmio-1946
> > http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1946 .
> > > These haven't been blessed by Dain yet so they may change some.
> > >
> > > Joe

> service.

So
> very