geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Rakesh Ranjan" <rakesh.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hot deployment directory
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 15:04:18 GMT
Thanks Joe.

Still i have some confusions.

Is SFHD the substitute for the DirectoryHotDeployer ? If it is substitute,
then do we need to disable the hotdeployment GBean for the working of SFHD?
What is the meaning of "It monitors just one directory for one deployable
element" ?

Rakesh Ranjan

> SFHD is similar to hot deployer but has these differences:
>
> - It is not an integrated part of the server itself.   It is a gbean
> itself that must be deployed into the server to use it.
> - It only takes action when the SFHD gbean is started (which is
> typically during server startup).   Hot Deploy monitors files for
> changes at any time.

- It monitors just one directory for one deployable element

- It controls the life-cycle of the element it deploys.   I'm not sure