geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re-migration to m2 - status and discussion.
Date Thu, 01 Jun 2006 04:43:26 GMT
The migration of applications to M2 has been kinda held up by the
following 2 maven jiras

http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJSPC-2 (to fix jspc plugin)
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MWAR-45 (to fix jar'ing classes to web-inf/lib).

I have submitted a patch for the latter (maven-war-plugin, mwar-45).

Soon, I shall submit a patch for the application migration without
these 2 features (jsp precompile and jar classes). We can do good w/o
these for now. Once the maven jiras are ready, we shall patch the
application pom(s) again.

Cheers
Prasad

On 5/31/06, Prasad Kashyap <goyathlay.geronimo@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanx Jeff. Please see comments inline -
>
> Cheers
> Prasad
>
> On 5/31/06, Jeff Genender <jgenender@apache.org> wrote:
> > Prasad,
> >
> > I can fix #1.  I need to dig up some old code from the 1.4.3 version. I
> > converted to a forked version because it really lightened the amount of
> > code in the plugin.  But I have heard of this being an issue, so I may
> > fatten the plugin up a little bit and force a call to javac once again.
> >  Could you be kind enough to open a JIRA on the forking problem on Mojo
> > for the jspc-plugin so I can track this?
>
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJSPC-2
>

> > #2 needs a bit more thought.  I am not sure if the existence of a
> > web.xml is the way to go on this one.
>
> What say we look for the <packaging> element in the pom.xml ? Make
> this plugin relevant only for "war" packagings and skip it for others.
> http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MJSPC-3.
>

> > Jeff
> >
> > Prasad Kashyap wrote:
> > > I have all the applications migrated to M2 now. But I have a problem
> > > using the jspc-maven-plugin to precompile the JSPs. I hope Jeff can
> > > help me here.
> > >
> > > The jspc-maven-plugin is configured in the parent pom and executed by
> > > the pom in each application. Please find attached the parent pom (goes
> > > in geronimo/application dir) and a pom from uddi-db application (goes
> > > in geronimo/application/uddi-db dir).
> > >
> > > Here are the problems.
> > > 1. Using the the jspc-maven-plugin makes it execute the other plugins
> > > in the pom twice. I guess this is being caused when the lifecycle is
> > > forked. See the attached mvn.log from the uddi-db app. How can I get
> > > around it ?
> > >
> > > 2. It will be nice if I can specify the execution of the
> > > jspc-maven-plugin "compile" goal once in the parent pom. The mojo
> > > should check for the existence of web-inf or web.xml file. If it
> > > doesn't exist, it should skip gracefully (MojoFailureException ?).
> > > This way we can just invoke the jspc mojo in the parent pom and not
> > > have to invoke it every war child.
> > >
> > > Cheers
> > > Prasad

> > > <!--
> > >
> > >     Copyright 2006 The Apache Software Foundation
> > >
> > >     Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
> > >     you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
> > >     You may obtain a copy of the License at
> > >
> > >        http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
> > >
> > >     Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
> > >     distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
> > >     WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
> > >     See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
> > >     limitations under the License.
> > > -->
> > >
> > > <!-- $Rev: 386910 $ $Date: 2006-03-18 21:13:26 -0500 (Sat, 18 Mar 2006)
$ -->

> [...]
> > >   <description>Geronimo Applications</description>
> > >
> > >   <build>
> > >     <plugins>
> > >       <plugin>
> > >         <artifactId>maven-war-plugin</artifactId>
> > >         <configuration>
> > >           <warSourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/webapp</warSourceDirectory>
> > >           <webXml>${basedir}/target/jspweb.xml</webXml>
> > >         </configuration>
> > >       </plugin>
> > >       <plugin>
> > >         <groupId>org.codehaus.mojo</groupId>
> > >         <artifactId>jspc-maven-plugin</artifactId>
> > >         <configuration>
> > >           <warSourceDirectory>${basedir}/src/webapp</warSourceDirectory>
> > >           <inputWebXml>${basedir}/src/webapp/WEB-INF/web.xml</inputWebXml>
> > >         </configuration>
> > >       </plugin>
> > >     </plugins>
> > >   </build>
> > >
> > >   <dependencies>
> > >     <dependency>
> > >         <groupId>tomcat</groupId>
> > >         <artifactId>jasper-runtime</artifactId>
> > >         <version>${jasperVersion}</version>
> > >     </dependency>
> > >   </dependencies>
> > >

> > >   <modules>
> > >     <module>demo</module>
> > >     <module>ldap-realm-demo</module>
> > >     <module>magicGball</module>
> > >     <!-- module>remote-deploy</module  -->
> > >     <module>uddi-db</module>
> > >     <module>uddi-server</module>
> > >     <module>console</module>
> > >     <module>welcome</module>
> > >   </modules>
> > > </project>

> > > <!--
> > >
> > >     Copyright 2006 The Apache Software Foundation
> > >
> > >     Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License");
> > >     you may not use this file except in compliance with the License.
> > >     You may obtain a copy of the License at
> > >
> > >        http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
> > >
> > >     Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software
> > >     distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS,
> > >     WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied.
> > >     See the License for the specific language governing permissions and
> > >     limitations under the License.
> > > -->
> > >
> > > <!-- $Rev: 386910 $ $Date: 2006-03-18 21:13:26 -0500 (Sat, 18 Mar 2006)
$ -->

> > > <project>
> > >   <parent>
> > >     <groupId>org.apache.geronimo.applications</groupId>
> > >     <artifactId>applications-parent</artifactId>
> > >     <version>1.2-SNAPSHOT</version>
> > >   </parent>
> > >
> > >   <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>
> > >   <artifactId>geronimo-uddi-db</artifactId>
> > >   <version>${geronimoVersion}</version>
> > >   <name>Geronimo UDDI Server Database</name>
> > >   <description>Geronimo UDDI Server Database</description>
> > >
> > >   <build>
> > >

> > >     <resources>
> > >       <resource>
> > >         <!-- ${project.build.directory} doesn't work in the following line.
-->