geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Prasad Kashyap" <goyathlay.geron...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Re-migration to m2 - status and discussion.
Date Wed, 31 May 2006 11:42:48 GMT
I have all the applications migrated to M2 now. But I have a problem
using the jspc-maven-plugin to precompile the JSPs. I hope Jeff can
help me here.

The jspc-maven-plugin is configured in the parent pom and executed by
the pom in each application. Please find attached the parent pom (goes
in geronimo/application dir) and a pom from uddi-db application (goes
in geronimo/application/uddi-db dir).

Here are the problems.
1. Using the the jspc-maven-plugin makes it execute the other plugins
in the pom twice. I guess this is being caused when the lifecycle is
forked. See the attached mvn.log from the uddi-db app. How can I get
around it ?

2. It will be nice if I can specify the execution of the
jspc-maven-plugin "compile" goal once in the parent pom. The mojo
should check for the existence of web-inf or web.xml file. If it
doesn't exist, it should skip gracefully (MojoFailureException ?).
This way we can just invoke the jspc mojo in the parent pom and not
have to invoke it every war child.

Cheers
Prasad