geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: [jira] Created: (GERONIMO-1988) Change "configId" to "moduleId" in xml
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 05:50:24 GMT
The patch is done.  It was very easy since we transfer the  
environment data from xmlbeans into our own pojo representation.   
This means I only needed to update the marshaling code.  For that, I  
just used intellij to rename the elements in xmlbean generated code.   
After that is was a matter of updating the schema to match the code,  
regenerating the xmlbeans code, and updating the plans.  I made the  
following changes to the schema:

   o Renamed root element from "configuration" to "module"
   o Renamed environment element from "configId" to "moduleId"
   o Renamed schema from "geronimo-config-1.1.xsd" to "geronimo- 
module-1.1.xsd"

As for the tck, we only need to update the server plans and not the  
test plans since the test plans are run though the upgrade code.  I  
didn't have to touch the upgrade code at all since it is using our  
environment pojo tree (a good example of why having our own pojo tree  
is so nice).  I ran a few sections of the tck and they all passed  
with the the patch in place.

The patch is attached to GERONIMO-1988. So what do you think?

-dain

On May 4, 2006, at 2:11 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:

> Thanks bubba (that's Southern for Dain...don't ask me how they came  
> up with that)
>
> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>> I am going to create a patch.  If it works (and is small), we can  
>> discuss committing it.
>> -dain
>> On May 4, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>>> Dain,
>>>
>>> I know we've talked about this on Irc but there didn't seem to be  
>>> consensus (I think djencks had some concerns).  Could you  
>>> summarize the change in a note?  I know that you don't want to  
>>> end up in an embroiled debate on the issue but I'm concerned that  
>>> this will set us back.
>>>
>>> The grumpy release manager
>>>
>>> Matt
>>>
>>> Dain Sundstrom (JIRA) wrote:
>>>> Change "configId" to "moduleId" in xml
>>>> --------------------------------------
>>>>          Key: GERONIMO-1988
>>>>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1988
>>>>      Project: Geronimo
>>>>         Type: Sub-task
>>>>     Security: public (Regular issues)     Versions: 1.0         
>>>> Reporter: Dain Sundstrom
>>>>  Assigned to: Dain Sundstrom     Priority: Blocker
>>>>      Fix For: 1.1
>>>> The word "configuration" in xml files should be replaced with  
>>>> "module" before we ship 1.1.  We are planning on replacing all  
>>>> uses of "configuration" with "module" in 1.2 and the only place  
>>>> this appears in user code is in the vendor deployment  
>>>> descriptors (xml).  It is important that we make as few schema  
>>>> changes between releases as to have minimal disruption on users.


Mime
View raw message