geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Questions about www.geronimoplugins.com site
Date Tue, 02 May 2006 06:33:52 GMT
I haven't looked in detail at the current plugin site, but I don't
see how it is different in principle to the primary maven repo at
ibiblio, which is certainly not on apache hardware, as it distributes
oodles of non-asl compatible stuff.  Just as there is an apache maven
repo that gets synched to the ibiblio one, I have no problem with an
apache geronimo plugin repo that is synched to a more inclusive one.

Is the plugin site essentially a maven 2 repo with specialized
content?  I would hope that we have a maven (2) plugin to install
plugins into a server, so the process of building the server for your
application can be somewhat integrated into your build process.

thanks
david jencks