geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Sachin Patel <sppa...@gmail.com>
Subject Important info regarding Eclipse Plugin 1.1 M2 Build & Status
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 14:47:40 GMT
FYI... for those trying to build the eclipse plugin from trunk...

Until a new openejb snapshot is published, you will need to copy the
openejb jars from the m1 repo to your m2 repo.  Then from the root of
the tree simply invoke "mvn".  I've modified the generation of the
binaries to use an assembly descriptor (one for the deployable
distribution and another for the updatesite distribution). Both of
these can be found under the "assembly" module.  (mvn
assembly:assembly) The "assemblies" module is now old and will be
removed pending the verification of the this new "assembly" module.
So it would be a great help if someone could verify that the
distribution actually runs.

Secondly, I'm wanting to release the 1.1 version of the plugin as
close as possible to the release of G1.1, so if anyone is looking to
help out... here's a few things off of my todo list that shouldn't
take long but I haven't had a chance to get around to..

- Need a server editor section that provides a checkbox to enable/
disable "test envioronment" mode.
- I'd like to package all of the plugins as archives (currently those
that contain nested jars are exploded in the binaries) and let the
platform handle nested jars, so change the assemblies to jar all
plugins and then verify Eclipse can handle this ok. (will require
code changes when deploying the configstore as that jar and the plan
will need to be extracted out from a jar and stored in the plugin
metadata)
- Get the 1.1 editor support working... (double clicking on a 1.0
plan should load the 1.0 editor and double clicking on a 1.1 plan
should load the 1.1 editor)
- only new form page needed for 1.1 is for the new environment element
- open jiras

Thanks

Sachin