geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <>
Subject Re: m2 : packaging plugin
Date Wed, 24 May 2006 00:29:21 GMT
I won't know this will work until I see it in action :-) but this
basically looks good to me.
On May 23, 2006, at 6:12 AM, anita kulshreshtha wrote:

> David J,
>     Based on your suggestions, I have used the following
> conventions to
> add dependency elements to the plan file :
>  type = jar/unspecified : generate  <import>classes</import>

I don't think this is needed, since if you don't specify anything you
get whatever is available: for a plain jar that's just classes.
>                       If the version is specified, it is kept
> otherwise
>                       an available version is chosen.

I think since we can interpolate versions ourselves we should leave
out the version if it is not in the pom.xml.

>  type = car : The scope element is used as follows:
>       unspecified : It is a parent configuration and added to the
>                     plan.xml
>          provided : It is used to force the build order on the
>                    configurations in a multi project build. This
>                    dependency is not added to the generated plan.

After some further thought I'm not 100% sure we need to specify the
startup order explicitly.  I think that recursive loading of parents
will be sufficient.  This needs some testing, and if we can leave out
the explicit orders we should.
>          compile  : generate <import>classes</import>
>          runtime  : generate <import>services</import>
This part seems reasonable, but we haven't really specified the
import element anywhere yet: I think we'll have to try it and see.

With your settings here does the plugin work?  I can't wait for an m2

david jencks