geronimo-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Sachin Patel <sppat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jira] Created: (GERONIMO-1988) Change "configId" to "moduleId" in xml
Date Fri, 05 May 2006 12:10:14 GMT
The patch to me looks like a safe enough fix and its assuring that  
tck didn't blow up.  So +0 from me.  I would have to react to this  
change as well, but the impact for me should be minimal.  For the  
other subtasks you created (1990, 1991), what are the plan for those?

- sachin

On May 5, 2006, at 1:50 AM, Dain Sundstrom wrote:

> The patch is done.  It was very easy since we transfer the  
> environment data from xmlbeans into our own pojo representation.   
> This means I only needed to update the marshaling code.  For that,  
> I just used intellij to rename the elements in xmlbean generated  
> code.  After that is was a matter of updating the schema to match  
> the code, regenerating the xmlbeans code, and updating the plans.   
> I made the following changes to the schema:
>
>   o Renamed root element from "configuration" to "module"
>   o Renamed environment element from "configId" to "moduleId"
>   o Renamed schema from "geronimo-config-1.1.xsd" to "geronimo- 
> module-1.1.xsd"
>
> As for the tck, we only need to update the server plans and not the  
> test plans since the test plans are run though the upgrade code.  I  
> didn't have to touch the upgrade code at all since it is using our  
> environment pojo tree (a good example of why having our own pojo  
> tree is so nice).  I ran a few sections of the tck and they all  
> passed with the the patch in place.
>
> The patch is attached to GERONIMO-1988. So what do you think?
>
> -dain
>
> On May 4, 2006, at 2:11 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>
>> Thanks bubba (that's Southern for Dain...don't ask me how they  
>> came up with that)
>>
>> Dain Sundstrom wrote:
>>> I am going to create a patch.  If it works (and is small), we can  
>>> discuss committing it.
>>> -dain
>>> On May 4, 2006, at 2:00 PM, Matt Hogstrom wrote:
>>>> Dain,
>>>>
>>>> I know we've talked about this on Irc but there didn't seem to  
>>>> be consensus (I think djencks had some concerns).  Could you  
>>>> summarize the change in a note?  I know that you don't want to  
>>>> end up in an embroiled debate on the issue but I'm concerned  
>>>> that this will set us back.
>>>>
>>>> The grumpy release manager
>>>>
>>>> Matt
>>>>
>>>> Dain Sundstrom (JIRA) wrote:
>>>>> Change "configId" to "moduleId" in xml
>>>>> --------------------------------------
>>>>>          Key: GERONIMO-1988
>>>>>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-1988
>>>>>      Project: Geronimo
>>>>>         Type: Sub-task
>>>>>     Security: public (Regular issues)     Versions: 1.0         
>>>>> Reporter: Dain Sundstrom
>>>>>  Assigned to: Dain Sundstrom     Priority: Blocker
>>>>>      Fix For: 1.1
>>>>> The word "configuration" in xml files should be replaced with  
>>>>> "module" before we ship 1.1.  We are planning on replacing all  
>>>>> uses of "configuration" with "module" in 1.2 and the only place  
>>>>> this appears in user code is in the vendor deployment  
>>>>> descriptors (xml).  It is important that we make as few schema  
>>>>> changes between releases as to have minimal disruption on users.
>


Mime
View raw message