geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Jason Dillon" <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Naming conventions for branches
Date Mon, 22 May 2006 21:16:09 GMT
I forget who said it... but I'm gonna bet that if we skip 1.2, that it
will just confuse people.

So, here is my -1, to effectively skipping 1.2 by making it a dead branch.

I don't see any reason why we can not continue using 1.2-SNAPSHOT for
the soon to be trunk and call the current soon to be replaced as
1.2-DEAD or something along those lines... or if this really is dead
code then delete it as Geir suggested.

I don't think that skipping 1.2 as an official release target for G is
a good idea.

--jason