geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Jason Dillon <ja...@planet57.com>
Subject Re: Commit configId to moduleId?
Date Sat, 06 May 2006 03:21:49 GMT
I'd be happy if we never ended up calling any file a .[a-zA-Z]ar.  I
think that the ear/war/rar thing is lame to start with, the folks
that continue to use the same lame extension naming system (sar, har,
dar, car) just perpetuate this silly system that Sun dropped on us.

If we need to use extensions to clarify what something is, then lets
use something more sensible.  Like for a module, why not just
use .module?  If you want to still say its a jar, then .module.jar,
but please lets not make it a .mar.

--jason