geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: replacing tomcat classes
Date Thu, 11 May 2006 18:43:22 GMT
That technique will only work for a limited set of use cases, and is
very error prone.  The fundamental problem is you are moving a class
from a node deep in the the class loader graph to the system class
loader.  That means the class will only be able to see classes on the
system class path.  Specifically, a servlet would not be able to see
the javax.servlet.Servlet class :(

-dain