geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From Dain Sundstrom <d...@iq80.com>
Subject Re: hot deployment directory
Date Thu, 04 May 2006 17:48:28 GMT
Exactly.  I wrote the SFHD to demonstrate how one does hot deployment
with the new ConfigurationManager apis.  I expect this code to be
rolled into a new hot deployer implementation in 1.2 (and deleted).

Below you asked "What is the meaning of "It monitors just one
directory for one deployable element"?".  SFHD does not do directory
scanning like a real hot deployer does.  It simply inspects one
application directory on startup and decides if the application needs
to be redeployed before starting it.  There are many more things a
real hot deployer needs to do.

-dain