geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Clarification requests on RTC
Date Tue, 23 May 2006 20:02:43 GMT
I'm unclear as to the required procedure for RTC.  Is it required to
literally include the patch contents in an email to the dev list or
does a link to a JIRA issue suffice?

For an patch by a non-committer attached to a JIRA issue that I wish
to apply, can I vote for it or does it in fact require 4 committer
votes, as apparently a patch I come up with does?

Lets consider a concrete example:

In particular I'm looking at http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/
attachment/12334350/GERONIMO-2006.patch attached to http://
issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO-2006

Assuming I conclude that this patch is appropriate, do I:

-- copy the patch into an email I send to the dev list, indicating
that I think it should be applied

-- send an email with the above links, indicating I think it should
be applied.

Then, do I need 2 or 3 additional +1s?

Thanks
david jencks