geronimo-dev mailing list archives

From "Bruce Snyder" <bruce.sny...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reminder on svn client settings
Date Sun, 28 May 2006 15:10:17 GMT
On 5/28/06, Bruce Snyder <bruce.snyder@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 5/27/06, John Sisson <jrsisson@gmail.com> wrote:
> > It appears that there are some developers who don't have their svn
> > clients set up correctly.  Can everyone please check that their svn
> > clients are set up according to the documentation at (the bottom of)
> > http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/GettingSourceCode .
> >
> > Recently some files with incorrect svn properties have caused some
> > problems with patches being generated that cannot be applied on systems
> > with different line endings to the system that the patch was generated on.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > John
> >
> > jsisson@apache.org wrote:
> > > Author: jsisson
> > > Date: Sat May 27 00:56:38 2006
> > > New Revision: 409817

> > > Log:
> > > Fix svn properties by running svnpropset.sh script at ( https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/gbuild/trunk/svnpropset.sh
) in particular to ensure all text files have native line endings to prevent problems with
patches generated against those files not being able to be applied on systems with different
native line endings.  Everyone should ensure their svn clients are set up according to the
documentation in http://wiki.apache.org/geronimo/GettingSourceCode so all new files are added
with the correct settings.

> FWIW, I've used the following script on other repos and it has proven
> to be somewhat faster, probably because the lack of finds:
>
> http://svn.haxx.se/users/archive-2005-12/1009.shtml

I forgot to mention that this script relies upon .svn dirs for
scanning so it will not work with SVK.

Bruce
);'

Apache ActiveMQ - http://incubator.apache.org/activemq/